LG Will Release Optimus 3.0 UI
LG recently announced the Optimus 3.0 UI, which will be used on top of the Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) devices. The South Korean company says that it will be arriving with an upcoming smartphone, the Optimus LTE II, which will be released in a few days. It will be then available on a flagship, the Optimus 4X HD, which will be hitting shelves this June.
The new UI will bring new functionality and features while staying both unobtrusive to the user experience of Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0).
LG promised these new features with the Optimus 3.0 UI.
- Phone unlock by dragging anywhere on the display.
- User-defined pattern lock to rapidly access common function such as text messages and camera.
- Voice Shutter, which is the ability to snap photos quickly through voice commands.
- Choose the best image among multiple shots.
- Icon Customize, which is the ability to use any image as shortcuts and icons.
- Better file download management.
The Optimus UI is often rated below Samsung’s TouchWiz and HTC’s Sense UI, so it appears that LG is working to provide better value to customers.