Five New Features of iOS 6
Apple officially unveiled iOS 6, the latest version of its mobile platform at the WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) on Monday. The new version will be released this fall and compatible with iPad 2, the new iPad, iPod Touch 4th gen, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. These are five features that are promised to bring enhanced user experience:
- Maps: Users will get voice-based turn-by-turn navigation, real time traffic updates and 3D view on the Maps app.
- Siri: The virtual assistant is previously available only on the new iPad. It helps users to get relevant information and perform many useful features.
- Facebook: The latest version will bring deep integration to Facebook, allowing users to write wall posts and comments instantly as well as sharing locations and photos.
- Passbook: iOS 6 devices allow users to redeem a coupon, get into a movie and check in for a flight easily. The feature is especially usefully for any frequent flyer.
- Facetime: iOS devices allow FaceTime to work over WiFi as well as cellular networks.